Monday, May 28, 2012

Sea Change and Port Macquarie

After dropping Amaya, I went to catch-up with a friend Jane who has recently moved up to the Lismore to take up a degree in Visual Art. It is amazing to compare someone who you knew in a work/corporate environment and then meet them after their sea change... Jane was relaxed and very much enjoying the new challenges of her art course... I am jealous of the sea change!

Back on the road for 9am, and today was always going to be a big haul... 375hms...  followed Steve and Scott down their route from Casino to Grafton... that is a great road and very quiet :-)

The weather was pretty changeable so I kept the roof on... The car is running really well and I really have not complaints.



Stopped for lunch at Valla Beach... a completely deserted... (will add pictures later) then went to the headland cafe and had one of the best sandwiches EVER.. called a South Beach Ciabatta - chicken, bacon, camembert, spinach.. it was exquisite...

Any way back on the road and a run down to Port Macquarie where I met my second friend Serge who has also sea-changed... seems to be a bit of trend here!

Stayed at the Rydges in centre of town - nice hotel with secure parking to make sure that Shelley is ok...

Tomorrow is my last day.. it will be another long day as I have about 390m kms to get home... If the weather is good I am off down the smaller roads, if the weather is poor I will be sticking to the highway 1...


No comments: