Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Getting Home to Manly

The day started in pouring rain... I was dreading the drive and for good reason. Shelley leaks... when the rain gets heavy enough... drips start coming through along the top of the windscreen and through the side windows...  not pleasant.. In addition, Shelley is renowned for her handling in the wet - just downright scary!


After driving some amazing roads over the last 9 days, I decided that this was all about just getting home...


So 388kms to Addison road... and off we went. The rain cleared up for awhile and I ended up having a Maccers in Toronto (NSW not Canada) for lunch and then back on the road... Highway 1 all the way.. I was expecting it to pretty busy but was surprise by the lack of traffic.


So by 3pm, I was back in Manly and by 4.30pm Shelley had been cleaned and back under her protective cover in the garage!


It has been a fantastic trip, the highlights included the mustangs, catching up with friends and Chelsea winning the champions league... the lowlights included Kingaroy and NSW loosing Origin 1 but the roads were fantastic... a drivers dream :-)





Until next time...

No comments: