Monday, November 09, 2009

The Great Ocean Road


Early start in Melbourne to get across the city before the traffic built up.

The car is now running really well.. it is running cool and not using much oil.

Got Geelong for a great BIG breakfast...

Then to Torquay to start the Great Ocean Road.

The road speed limit has now been reduced to 80!

The locals told me that the whole area was heavily policed but on a Monday morning it was pretty clear.

The road is divided into two parts a really curvy drive along the side of the cliffs for about 80kms.. we had a lot of fun! It is only a B road so there are passing points along the road which most people did the pull over with a noisy cobra sitting behind them!

The views, the sea was magnificant, Bells Beach this is probably one of the most beautiful coast lines I have driven here in Australia.. I was captivated...

The second part of the road opens up more longer straights and the the famous 12 Apostles.. well infact I could only count 8 as they keep falling into the sea.

The weather was glorious in fact we are headiung into a mini heatwave as we approach Adelaide.. 37C...

Last night we stayed in Mount Gambier.. but I will give an update on that later today..

Time to get going..

No comments: